I have written before about the amazing health benefits of the Turmeric Root, known as ‘Indian Solid Gold’, (view it here) but this way of getting its goodness into my daily wellness regimen was a revelation. A Turmeric latte.
When I was mixing up a few of these the other day to find my perfect balance of spices and sweetness, Charlie was looking at me like was insane. Turmeric? In a latte? Really!? But once he’d taken a tentative sip, even he admitted it was, in his words ‘really rather good’. High praise indeed!
- 1/2 tsp turmeric ground, personally, I’d never want more
- 2 tsp maple syrup pure
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and popped through a garlic crusher
- 2 tsp ginger powder (optional)
- 8 fl oz unsweetened almond milk warm
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- large splash vanilla extract
Pop all the ingredients, turmeric, maple syrup, ginger and spices in a mug.
Pour in warmed almond milk.
Stir well and leave to steep for a minute or two to let the flavours properly infuse.
Charlie’s top tip – if you have a coffee machine at home, (which we don’t), steam your milk. It will become even more creamy, frothy and delicious.